A Postpartum Doula is a trained, non-medical, emotional and physical support person who assists you and your family after your baby has been born. A postpartum Doula can make the difference in your healing, adjusting to becoming a parent, and your breastfeeding success. Because every mother and family has different needs, our doula services are tailored to your circumstances and preferences.
Care can include:
- Post birth processing
- New parent coping skills
- Light housekeeping
- Meal prep
- Infant sleep help
- Infant feeding help
- Infant care
- Overnight assistance (available in our larger packages)
Our Postpartum Doula services are offered by Bronwyn Addico, Maggie Hilton, and Melissa Bowman. We accept postpartum doula clients from Kitchener-Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph, Stratford and surrounding areas (additional travel fees may apply to clients outside KWC).
Our team not only works with you, but also with your partner (if applicable) to create a support team that helps to complement each others strengths and best assist you through the twists and turns of early parenting. During this time we are also available for phone, email, and text support to get you through any questions or moments of uncertainty that life with a new baby can bring.
“We are so grateful that both Bronwyn and Maggie offer classes and home services. Maggie was there for us the night before my cesarean birth. She came to our home and explained in detail everything that was going to happen. All our questions were answered and we felt calm going into surgery. Bronwyn was so helpful after I came home from the hospital. She gave me all the important information I needed for formula feeding and patiently answered all of my new mom questions. They both helped me with my house work and gave me the time I needed to take care of myself. They are wonderful women who made our experience a lot better. Honestly, I can’t even put into words how grateful we are for your help. Thank you for everything.” – Stephanie K.
- As Needed: $45hr during weekdays, 3 hour minimum.
- Helping Hands: $245 provides SIX hours of support appointments, phone/email/text support, appointments are three hours minimum, 30 day contract.
- Balancing Baby: $375 provides NINE hours of support appointments, phone/email/text support, appointments are three hours minimum, 30 day contract.
- Empowered Postpartum: $550 provides FIFTEEN hours of support appointments, appointments are three hours minimum, hours can be used for overnight appointments, phone/email/text support, FREE postpartum healing bath kit, 60 day contract
- Resilient Postpartum: $700 provides TWENTY hours of support appointments, appointments are three hours minimum, hours can be used for overnight appointments, phone/email/text support, FREE postpartum healing bath kit, 60 day contract