Birth & Mothering
Paris, Ontario Aug 11 – 13, 2017
The Empowered Transition Birth & Mothering Preparation Retreat welcomes all women who are looking for the perfect getaway to relax, rejuvenate and most importantly prepare for the birth of their child
3 days at the fabulous
Five Oaks Retreat Centre in Paris, ON
Retreat Activities Include:
- Art and journaling exercises Birthing From Within™ and Dancing For Birth™ curriculum and activities
- Art and journaling exercises
- Four different mindfulness practices that will get you through anything that may occur in your labour and help you handle the ups and downs of parenting
- Activities to work through and overcome your birth fears
- In depth, hands on practice of tried and true pain management techniques
- Tools to prepare you for new mothering and to welcome your baby
- Quiet contemplative time
- Detailed handouts to take home – perfect to continue to prepare yourself for birth at home after the retreat is over
- A FREE one hour virtual follow up appointment with retreat leader, Bronwyn Addico for you and you partner. This one on one session is totally customized to you and your needs
- Private retreat Facebook group to continue to grow your friendships and connect with the other retreat participants
- Plus you can ask Bronwyn anything during the retreat – she has a wealth of birth and parenting wisdom to share!
Why you should join us
Imagine for a moment that you feel the late afternoon sun warm your back as you take the last steps out of the labyrinth. Your mind is clear of worry, your heart is overflowing with peace and joy, and you feel deeply connected to your baby. The trees sway gently in the light breeze. Fill your lungs with a deep breath of clean forest air while listening to the babbling of a nearby creek.
You join the circle of other pregnant women you have bonded with. Together you walk a short distance to the edge of the Grand River, and as a group set your birth fears free, letting them flow away with the current.
YOU NOW FEEL EMPOWERED AND READY FOR YOUR BIRTH!
Join other women who are also mentally, emotionally, and spiritually preparing to give birth. The EMPOWERED TRANSITION BIRTH & MOTHERING PREPARATION RETREAT is the PERFECT place to feel nourished while you ready yourself for your birth journey and to step into the role of motherhood.
The EMPOWERED TRANSITION BIRTH & MOTHERING PREPARATION RETREAT is just what you’ve been craving to connect and recharge from the busyness of your day to day life.
PLUS you can discover the natural beauty surrounding Five Oaks, allow the time in nature to nurture your soul, and eat incredible food prepared by a personal chef.
Five Oaks Education & Retreat Centre is situated on 116 acres of gorgeous Carolinian Forest and bordered by the Grand River and Whiteman’s Creek.Five Oaks Education & Retreat Centre is situated on 116 acres of gorgeous Carolinian Forest and bordered by the Grand River and Whiteman’s Creek.
It is the perfect location to disconnect from busy life and reconnect with what matters most. Let the walking Labyrinth calm your mind, ease your worries and offer you time to reflect on your mothering journey.
Just minutes from the picturesque town of Paris, ON., Five Oaks is within easy driving distance from anywhere in Southern Ontario.
Incredible locally sourced, homemade meals by our PERSONAL CHEF, Dana Rourke.
Dana will prepare nutritious food all weekend including lots of snacks to make sure that no one feels hungry. Salad bar for lunch, filling frittata for a leisurely
Sunday breakfast, delicious barbeque chicken for dinner and much more.
Let Dana nourish your soul while Bronwyn nourishes your mothering spirit.
- 2 Nights and 3 days stay in shared bedrooms at the HOUSE ON THE HILL – exclusively for our use while the retreat is running
- Friday supper, all meals on Saturday, Sunday breakfast and lunch, as well as lots of snacks all prepared by an amazing personal chef
- Birth and parenting knowledge, mindfulness and movement activities, birth art and journaling exercises
- Use of the pool, nature trails, walking labyrinth House on the Hill Dining Area and other retreat centre amenities
- Small intimate group size to help you dive in deep with other pregnant mothers
- All of the bonuses listed above!
PLEASE NOTE: this retreat is available to pregnant women only who will be 36 weeks or less in their pregnancy as of the retreat start date.
YOU MUST READ OUR RETREAT TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE PURCHASE
Meet Bronwyn Your Retreat Leader
Bronwyn Addico is a certified Dancing For Birth TM instructor, a Birthing From Within TM mentor and doula. In addition, Bronwyn is co-owner of Balancing from Birth to Baby, a prenatal and parenting education service located in Kitchener-Waterloo.Bronwyn Addico is a certified Dancing For Birth TM instructor, a Birthing From Within TM mentor and doula. In addition, Bronwyn is co-owner of Balancing from Birth to Baby, a prenatal and parenting education service located in Kitchener-Waterloo. Bronwyn is a single mother to 3 step-children and two bio-kids. She is able to share a wealth of information based on her vast array of parenting experiences.
Thoughts and feelings from some of Bronwyn’s clients:
“Bronwyn was an invaluable source of knowledge and strength as I prepared for the birth of my first child. She offered information on pain management and what to expect when my newborn arrived, amongst other topics. After my daughter arrived, I couldn’t believe how prepared I felt, and how pleased I was with the way my labour and delivery went. Thanks to the preparation I did with Bronwyn, I was able to have a natural, intervention-free birth that was an intimate experience for myself and my support people. I could not think of a better birth educator or coach. I would highly recommend taking advantage of the wonderful birth resource that is Bronwyn Addico.”
― Heather G.
“I loved the experience, wisdom, and kindness displayed by Bronwyn during each of our sessions. She inspired me to believe in myself and let everything else go. I’m forever grateful to her. Every obstacle can be overcome using the power within oneself. Bronwyn helped me find my power through our sessions. I would have loved to have had a doula like Bronwyn involved in my first pregnancy as well!”
― Judy S.
“Bronwyn’s style of teaching was warm, engaging, open, and she brought a wealth of knowledge which included her own personal experience as a mother. I would highly recommend her to any of my friends and family. She is a real gem and a gift to this community. I feel grateful to have taken her class. Thank you Bronwyn”
― Carrie M.