Saturday June 1st, 2019 9:00am – 4:00pm
Did you know that 1 in 4 Women is a survivor of Trauma?
Did you know 1 in 3 Women report negative feelings about their birth experiences, including Trauma?
These experiences can leave women feeling traumatized, sad, angry or isolated. This workshop is designed to help you understand birth trauma and apply a trauma informed lens to your healthcare practice.
Would you like to know:
- How to identify survivors of Trauma?
- How to provide Trauma informed care to your patients?
- How to frame your language to support your clients?
- How to provide the best physical and emotional support to trauma survivors?
- Steps to take to help prevent trauma?
- How to cope with traumatic experiences you have had as a care giver?
This workshop will explore the following:
- Trauma: What is it and how should I respond?
- Birth Trauma: Signs & Symptoms
- How to identify survivors of trauma (sexual abuse/assault)
- Caring for the Caregiver: Vicarious or secondary trauma – How does it affect you?
- Coping Strategies: What are they and why can they help?
Previous Attendees of Lisa’s workshops have shared:
“I took away a lot both at a personal and professional level”
“I learned… I’m not the only who feels the way I do”
” I will use the information I learned to: Empower others to talk about their birth stories (with or without trauma)”
Lisa Aldworth MSW, RSW and leading expert in Birth Trauma will share her vast expertise in this full day workshop. Lisa will help you dive deep into the trauma process and learn helpful techniques to treat your patients with the compassion and sensitivity they deserve.
Lisa Aldworth is a therapist in private practice with Southern Ontario Counselling Centre. Lisa has spent a great deal of her career working with women and trauma. Lisa’s specialties include birth trauma, post partum depression and anxiety, infertility, chronic pain and illness, childhood sexual abuse, childhood physical and verbal abuse, and couples counselling.
This workshop is ideal for:
Pelvic Floor Physiotherapists
And anyone who provides care or services to women of childbearing age
We are so excited to offer this invaluable workshop to the Birth Professionals in our community
Limited space available don’t miss out on this amazing opportunity!
Balancing from Birth to Baby
50 Ottawa Street South