This service is the perfect solution if you don’t have family or friends who are able to watch your older child or children while you are in labour.
Feel the peace of mind knowing that your family is well cared for while you bring their younger sibling into the world.
Our Childcare for Birth Package includes:
- A prenatal appointment to meet your children, learn their routines, and familiarize with your home
- On-call for your due date time period
- Twenty-Four hours of child care support while you are in labour
- Can be used within a 48 hour time period so if you need to return to the hospital or see the doctor after baby is born you have assistance for that too.
- Text updates during your labour so you know your child is doing well
- Backup support with one of our experienced Doulas
Our childcare for birth services is offered by Education Assistant and Doula, Emily Huston.
Emily has a background supporting children and families for many years. In addition to her university education that focused on social work, she has volunteered at Kidsability, and has worked at Extend-A-Family. Emily has worked for several hears for the Waterloo Region District School Board as an educational assistant.
Emily has worked as both a Birth and Postpartum Doula in Waterloo Region since 2016. She is also a mother of two young children.
Emily looks forward to meeting your children and helping to care for them while you are welcoming their new sibling.
We know that choosing someone to watch your children is a deeply personal decision. That's why we offer a free, no-obligation consultation. We connect via phone or video chat to discuss what type of support you are looking for and how we can help. It's your opportunity to ask questions and get a sense if we're a good fit.
I didn't have a chance to say it before, but thank you so so much for helping us out! It was such a great relief to know that our daughter had great care. I was able to focus on my labour and not worry about her. We really cannot thank you enough.