Lactation Cookie Recipe
Need more breastmilk? Or want to get a head start on breastmilk production? These are your magical and tasty solution! These delicious cookies are packed full of natural galactogogues (milk production boosters) and we guarantee they taste far better than any mother’s tea or tincture on the market. Healthy ingredients like Brewers yeast, oats and flax help to boost your milk making naturally, all the while disguising themselves behind delicious chocolate chips. Bake these during pregnancy and freeze them to have at the ready for Delivery day, when you want to build a supply of milk in the freezer or give them as a gift to a new mommy friend.
Tip: don’t have brewers yeast or wheat germ in your pantry? Try a health food store like Healthy Foods and More or Bulk Barn!
– 2 tbsp flax meal
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 cup white sugar
– ½ cup brow sugar
– 3 egg yolks
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
– ½ cup Brewers Yeast
– 1 tbsp Wheat germ
– 1 tsp baking soda
– ½ tsp salt
– 2 ½ cups of Old Fashioned oats
– 1 cup of dark chocolate chips (or milk chocolate if you prefer)
– 1 cup butter softened
– 2 cups flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Mix flax with water in small bowl and let soak for 5 minutes.
3. Beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Add egg yolks and vanilla extract; beat to incorporate. Stir flax seed mixture into the butter mixture.
4. Mix flour, brewer’s yeast, wheat germ, baking soda, salt, and cream of tartar in a separate bowl; add to butter mixture and stir until just combined. Fold oats and chocolate chips into the dough.
5. Roll dough into walnut-sized balls and place 2 inches apart onto a baking sheet.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until the edges are golden, 10 to 12 minutes. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Eat and Enjoy!
Looking for more tips on how to make more milk? Check our our Breastfeeding Class